Accelerator Program Manager
**NOTE: WE ARE NOT CURRENTLY HIRING FOR THIS POSITION, BUT APPLYING HERE WILL PUT YOU IN THE POOL FOR FUTURE PROGRAM MANAGER ROLES!**
Uncharted is a social impact accelerator that builds coordinated movements of people to tackle problems from all angles—problems like food deserts, urban poverty, and hate and discrimination. We partner with corporations, foundations, and governments to launch initiatives that connect those working on the same problem and help them go to scale. To date, we have helped social entrepreneurs raise $315 million, create impact in 96 countries, and benefit 52 million lives.
Uncharted is seeking a Program Manager to implement its accelerator programs with major foundations and leading corporate brands (like Visible Connect, Futurebound Acceleration Lab and Chipotle Aluminaries Project). Your job will be to find great entrepreneurs tackling the world's toughest problems, then help design and deliver accelerators that help scale their impact (while having a lot of fun!)
Lead and manage an Uncharted Accelerator Program Responsible for the success and impact of each program.
- Support program and curriculum design for accelerator
- Support outreach and recruitment of all ventures and organizations for the program. For the Future Cities Accelerator, we received over 300 applications from organizations across the country.
- Manage selection of ventures: reviewing applications, interviews, due diligence, etc. For Visible Connect, we selected 9 ventures.
- Actively recruit mentors and partners to participate in program. Here is a list of mentors for Visible Connect.
- Oversee the execution and delivery of the program
- Coordinate all post-program support
- Manage and maintain back-end systems that track relationships
- Manage a Program Associate who will assist in venture communication and coordination
- Contribute in the orchestration and execution of sophisticated office pranks targeted at various members of the team
1-2 years experience working with entrepreneurs and ventures: You have worked with startups, entrepreneurs, and organizations looking to scale. Perhaps you have been an entrepreneur yourself, or you've spent time mentoring entrepreneurs, or you've worked for another accelerator or organization that supported the growth of ventures. This is familiar territory for you.
1-2 years program management experience: You have managed sophisticated programs on tight deadlines. You've designed, coordinated, executed, and followed-through on programs (of any kind) and you have the outcomes to prove it. From metrics to timelines to communication channels to contingency plans, you're comfortable and capable of being in charge.
Experience coordinating or managing a team: You’re great at coordinating other people and keeping them on schedule and you have experience setting and holding expectations with others.
Proactive and relentless relationship-builder: You are a natural at building and maintaining relationships in a warm, genuine way. And you don't take no for an answer; you're relentless in your efforts to build relationships or lock up partnerships with even the most famous people in all the land. You can speak to experience of identifying, pursuing, and locking up a partnership or relationship with someone that was elusive and hard to pin down.
Strong organizational skills: Your success is built upon a foundation of methodical, personal organization that gives you the confidence to reach deadlines and achieve outcomes even when there are numerous other "priorities" and distractions. At your previous company, you built out and managed systems that helped keep other people organized.
Experience in fast-paced, dynamic environments: You have worked for a startup, worked in a startup environment, and/or have worked in supporting startups to grow. You are willing to tackle projects without much guidance/structure. You are the one who builds structure. For example, you have stepped into ambiguous and disorganized situations and build out game-plans and next steps.
Mission and culture contributor: First and foremost - you are deeply committed to the mission and vision of Uncharted and you will do whatever it takes to achieve it. You see this role as an opportunity to exercise your passion and align your values and purpose with the values and purpose of an organization attempting to put a dent in the world’s most pressing problems. You are a culture-creator (not just a consumer), and you believe in the power of creating environments where people can belong and thrive.
Location: Denver, Colorado (just north of RiNo in the Cole neighborhood) with minimal travel.
Compensation: $60,000+, commensurate with experience
- Healthcare including dental and vision plan which starts on the 1st of the month after hire. Uncharted pays 75% of premiums for our employees.
- SIMPLE IRA with up to 3% matching
- 5 weeks paid vacation accrued over a year
- 10 holidays + your birthday off
- Flexible work schedules (currently our team works remotely approx. 40% of each week)
- Generous family leave policies
- Relocation assistance available
We are committed to a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace in which everyone is welcomed, valued, and supported. Uncharted recruits, employs, compensates, and promotes without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic or family medical history, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.