Partnerships Associate (Part Time)
Uncharted (formerly Unreasonable Institute) is seeking a Partnerships Associate, who will work directly with the CEO to help with relationship management, business development, special projects, and strategic research to support the long-term strategic direction of the organization. You will be instrumental in growing our organization and the impact that goes alongside it.
Are you the right fit?
Mission and culture fit: First and foremost - you are deeply committed to the mission and vision of Uncharted. You see this role as an opportunity to exercise your passion and align your values and purpose with the values and purpose of an organization attempting to put a dent in the world’s most pressing problems. You are a culture-creator (not just a consumer), and you believe in the power of creating environments where people can belong and thrive.
Strong organizational skills: Your success is built upon a foundation of methodical, personal organization that gives you the confidence to reach deadlines and achieve outcomes even when there are numerous other "priorities" and distractions.
Experience with CRMs: You are a Hubspot Ninja. You understand how CRMs work and why they are important and love making sure they stay up-to-date.
Committed to follow-through with relationships: You are meticulous about follow through. Thank you notes, follow-up emails, and remembering people’s birthdays are second nature to you.
Relentless researcher: When it comes to research, you dive deep and don’t stop digging until you’re successful. You have experience working on self-directed research projects and can prepare briefs that outline your findings.
Desire to work with entrepreneurs and ventures: Maybe you haven’t worked with startups and entrepreneurs yet, but you are passionate about social entrepreneurship and innovation.
Experience in fast-paced, dynamic environments: You have worked for a startup, worked in a startup environment, and/or have worked in supporting startups to grow. You are willing to tackle projects without much guidance/structure. You are the one who builds structure. For example, you have stepped into ambiguous and disorganized situations and built out game-plans and next steps.
- Managing follow-through and tracking of all business development / strategic partnership relationships
- Supporting the CEO in drafting proposals, concepts, and all materials related to strategic partnerships
- Completing research projects related to future strategic partnerships
- Leading special projects related to strategic partnerships, the Uncharted board, and other ad-hoc opportunities.
- Preparing background briefs on prospective partners and individuals
- Supporting the CEO in travel logistics and planning
- Contributing to the orchestration and execution of sophisticated office pranks targeted at various members of the team
Location: Preference is Denver, Colorado, but open to considering remote candidates as well
Hours: 15-20 / week (timing is flexible)
Compensation: $20-30 / hour
Applications Due March 23 (Rolling)
Step 1 -- Apply here with:
- A one-page description with specific examples of how one (1) past experience/role has set you up to thrive at this role. (This replaces the cover letter.)
Step 2 -- If you move on, future rounds will be:
- Have an interview with the Uncharted Team
- Complete a 2-hour Uncharted Challenge
- Provide at least 2 references
- Come visit us for a trial day
Step 3 -- Our goal is to make an offer by April 16th
Step 4 -- Start end of April / early May!