Program Manager (NOT CURRENTLY OPEN)
**NOTE: WE ARE NOT CURRENTLY HIRING FOR THIS POSITION, BUT APPLYING HERE WILL PUT YOU IN THE POOL FOR FUTURE PROGRAM MANAGER ROLES!**
Uncharted is a social impact accelerator that builds coordinated movements of people to tackle problems from all angles—problems like food deserts, urban poverty, and hate and discrimination. We partner with corporations, foundations, and governments to launch initiatives that connect those working on the same problem and help them go to scale. To date, we have helped social entrepreneurs raise $315 million, create impact in 96 countries, and benefit 52 million lives.
Uncharted is seeking a Program Manager who is deeply committed to the Uncharted mission and tirelessly serves the entrepreneurs on our programs. The Program Manager is proactively engaged in the implementation of Uncharted’s top tier and complex programs with major foundations and leading corporate brands. Your job will be to find exceptional entrepreneurs and partners tackling the world's toughest problems, then help design and deliver accelerators that help scale their impact and lead the team to success (while having a lot of fun!)
The work we do at Uncharted is in service to others. This means that it will be demanding at times - in terms of effort, hours worked as well as care and attention given to our projects. You need to be the type of person who sees the bigger picture and who loves working for a greater purpose. You are a vital resource within our system. The team, our ventures, and partners need your deepest possible care. If this scares you, then this is not the job for you.
The Program Manager (PM) is responsible for the success and impact of each program they are assigned to. This includes:
- End to end project management of assigned accelerator programs. Working closely with the Accelerator Director and proactively engaging in projects to drive superior delivery of the programs you are assigned to.
- Become a recognizable face and knowledgeable resource for the programs you are assigned to
- Support program and curriculum design for accelerator
- Support outreach and recruitment of all ventures and organizations for the program. For the Visible Connect Year 2, we received 150+ applications from organizations across the country.
- Manage selection of ventures: reviewing applications, interviews, due diligence, etc.
- Actively recruit mentors and partners to participate in the program. Here is a list of mentors for Visible Connect.
- Oversee the execution and delivery of the program
- Report back to our partners and maintain a positive and mutually beneficial relationship
- Coordinate all post-program support
- Manage and maintain back-end systems that track relationships
- Manage Program Associates assigned to your programs who will assist in venture communication and coordination
- Lead and develop assigned Program Associates to support their future growth within Uncharted
- Mentor various Program Managers to help them become more knowledgeable and grow in their professional in their journey with Uncharted.
- Actively and consciously contribute to other programs in both Acceleration and Community Impact.
- Work closely with the Accelerator Director to continue the growth of Uncharted Accelerators with new, exciting ideas, content contributions, network outreach and team development
- Contribute in the orchestration and execution of sophisticated office pranks targeted at various members of the team.
5+ years of program management experience: You have managed sophisticated programs on tight deadlines. You've designed, coordinated, executed, and followed-through on programs (of any kind) and you have the outcomes to prove it. From metrics to timelines to communication channels to contingency plans, you're comfortable and capable of being in charge.
5+ years experience working with entrepreneurs and ventures: You have worked with startups, entrepreneurs, and organizations looking to scale. Perhaps you have been an entrepreneur yourself, or you've spent time mentoring entrepreneurs, or you've worked for another accelerator or organization that supported the growth of ventures. This is familiar territory for you.
Partner management experience: You have directly managed client relationships on past projects, including regular engagement, reporting, and feedback, problem-solving for the greater good with positive outcomes.
Experience in managing teams with multiple stakeholders is non-negotiable: You must understand the nuance and demands of running various programs and projects with strong client demands. You have a leadership mindset. You’re great at coordinating other people and keeping them on schedule and you have experience setting and holding expectations with others.
Constant learner / Forever curious: You love listening to people, reading, exploring and learning, you find joy in asking the right questions and not taking things at face value. You dig deep and sometimes find yourself in rabbit holes but you are also able to find a thread, connect the dots and get the “big picture”
Experience in designing projects that bring together not only unexpected people but also unexpected approaches. You are not afraid about trying new things and bring rigor of thinking to your design.
Proven ability to work with detailed data analysis and metrics: You have an acute understanding of impact and are able to report on this in a meaningful way both internally, and to our partners.
Proactive and relentless relationship-builder: You are a natural at building and maintaining relationships in a warm, genuine way. And you don't take no for an answer; you're relentless in your efforts to build relationships or lock up partnerships with even the most famous people in all the land. You can speak to experience of identifying, pursuing, and locking up a partnership or relationship with someone that was elusive and hard to pin down.
Strong organizational skills: Your success is built upon a foundation of methodical, personal organization that gives you the confidence to reach deadlines and achieve outcomes even when there are numerous other "priorities" and distractions. At your previous company, you built out and managed systems that helped keep other people organized.
Experience in fast-paced, dynamic environments: You have worked for a startup, worked in a startup environment, and/or have worked in supporting startups to grow. You are willing to tackle projects without much guidance/structure. You are the one who builds structure. For example, you have stepped into ambiguous and disorganized situations and build out game-plans and next steps.
Strong facilitation skills: You have experience with group facilitating and boardroom presentations.
Mission and culture contributor: First and foremost - you are deeply committed to the mission and vision of Uncharted and you will do whatever it takes to achieve it. You see this role as an opportunity to exercise your passion and align your values and purpose with the values and purpose of an organization attempting to put a dent in the world’s most pressing problems. You are a culture-creator (not just a consumer), and you believe in the power of creating environments where people can belong and thrive.
Location: Denver, Colorado (just north of RiNo in the Cole neighborhood) with minimal travel.
Compensation: Competitive salary, commensurate with experience
- Healthcare including dental and vision plan which starts on the 1st of the month after hire. Uncharted pays 75% of premiums for our employees.
- SIMPLE IRA with up to 3% matching
- 5 weeks paid vacation accrued over a year
- 10 holidays + your birthday off
- Flexible work schedules (currently our team works remotely approx. 40% of each week)
- Generous family leave policies
We are committed to a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace in which everyone is welcomed, valued, and supported. Uncharted recruits, employs, compensates, and promotes without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic or family medical history, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.